Key to Growth
Liming can hold the key to improving crop growth and yields by limiting the adverse effects of acid soils (low pH values).
Farmers no longer have to rely on specialised contractors for spreading operations. Users can apply as much or as little as the field requires using their own equipment.
Granulated Lime is…
Granules of finely ground limestone (consistently below 150 microns) which has been combined, in a unique process, with a water soluble organic binder to produce hard 2 to 5mm size granules.
Granulated Lime is produced in the UK and is suitable for use on all farms, large or small, forestry and horti-cultural use.
It is supplied conveniently packaged in non-returnable 600kg bags for ease of handling. (Alternatively 25kg bags or bulk loads).
Unique Benefits of Granulated Lime
- Fine limestone flour ensures even spread and rapid uptake by soil
- Quality Assured
- Easy spreading using conventional farm spreaders with accurate band application
- Suitable for organic farming
- Can be applied to bare ground or to growing crops
- Spread at any time of the year and with other fertilisers
- Can be used to spot treat and with other crop inputs
- Economic for treating small areas
- Lower application rates than normal ground limestone
- Varied and accurate application can be easily achieved
- Can be applied with bout widths up to 36metres – cuts down overlapping
- Can be applied during the growing season when conventional liming is not possible
- Eliminates lime being spread on unwanted areas
- Safe to Use Non-Toxic and Non-Hazardous Crop Benefits
No matter what you are growing it will be improved from the application of Granulated Lime to combat the deleterious effects of acid levels in the soil. Acidity builds up over time from rainfall leaching, the demands of growing crops, decomposition and nitrogen release – these all serve to lower pH and restrict growth.
Correcting acid levels with appropriate Granulated Lime application will bring measurable improvements in yields.
Granulated Lime is equally effective on all crops including fruit, rape and hops.
Granulated Lime improves grassland by encouraging root development and improving grass growth.
The rate at which Granulated Lime should be applied varies greatly depending on soil type, acid levels and the type of crop.
For instance:* For use on grassland with a loamy sand soil with relatively high pH it may be useful to add just 25kg of Granulated Lime per acre whilst for peat soils with high acidity (low pH) to be used for arable crops it may be necessary to treat at 1,050kg per acre.