As a leading manufacturer and distributor of Fertilisers to Agriculture and Amenity sectors throughout Great Britain, we produce a comprehensive range of NPK, prescription blends, straights and micro-nutrient products. In addition to commodity Fertilisers, the company is committed to developing innovative and technologically enhanced crop nutrition products and services with the objective of improving crop yields, crop quality and farmer returns. Origin Fertilisers and PB Kent are trading name of Origin UK Operations Limited.
Our ethical standards
Origin UK Operations Limited (trading as Origin Fertilisers and PB Kent) is committed to conducting itself with the highest ethical and legal standards. We ensure that the operations within the business and its supply chain meet those standards at all times and are compliant with the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
We are aware that Human traffickers and illegal / unlicensed gang-masters target a range of industries including those involved in the Agricultural sector. For this reason we remain particularly vigilant within our supply chain and within our network of other partnerships. Our current and ongoing actions include:
• We are committed to enabling our people to recognise and respond to potential cases of modern slavery. We continue to provide information about the risks and what to look out for and have continued to communicate the Whistleblowing process. New employees receive relevant information upon joining the Company, within their induction, to ensure their awareness of modern slavery and human trafficking. A copy of our Whistleblowing policy and helpline can be found at each site and on the shared internal network folders.
• We continue to share knowledge and learnings with colleagues within our Group companies to understand their approach to ethical risk management and supplier collaboration.
• New suppliers are required to sign their understanding and acceptance of our stance in relation to preventing Modern Slavery, asking those suppliers to provide assurances to us that they understand the requirements of the Act and are ensuring any risks within their business or supply chain are identified and managed.
• Existing suppliers are required to complete our Modern Slavery Questionnaire, which helps us understand if there are risks in the supply chain. We will internally review responses to those questionnaires to assess any risk and take action as necessary.
• Continuation of our internal ‘risk checks’ to ensure that any permanent or seasonal employment (for our 200 – 250 strong workforce, based at various sites within the UK including our production facilities) does not contravene our ethical standards, or any legislation.
• We promptly answer questions posed by our customers in respect of the Modern Slavery Act who wish to know more about our operations and / or our supply chain.
Our supply chain
We are a manufacturer and distributor and our supply chain is global in its reach. We source from manufacturers directly or through intermediaries. Many of our suppliers are large in scale with deemed low-risk of non-compliance to the Modern Slavery Act, however, as a Company we remain vigilant to all risks, particularly in small-scale businesses in whose sector there may sometimes be a higher risk of unlicensed manual labour. Our employees remain vigilant to this risk and through the Whistleblowing hotline are able to raise their concerns confidentially and anonymously if they choose to do so.
Origin UK Operations Limited is committed to ensuring our supply chain is free from human rights abuses. We actively welcome comments and suggestions from anyone within our supply chain about how we can improve our operations or further reduce any risks in our supply chain. If you have any questions regarding this issue please contact us by emailing us on: email@example.com